Trucker Huss has a large and sophisticated ERISA litigation practice. When litigation is required on behalf of our clients, we provide substantial experience and expertise gained through more than 35 years of active ERISA litigation, including trial and appellate experience.
We also actively aid our clients in avoiding litigation if possible by assisting with the administrative processing of benefit claims and using alternative dispute resolution and other techniques to resolve matters on a pre-litigation basis.
In ERISA litigation matters, we represent:
- Employers and other plan sponsors
- Single employer and multi-employer retirement and health and welfare plans
- Plan fiduciaries (investment and administrative committees and trustees)
- Institutional fiduciaries (banks and trust and mutual fund companies)
- Investment managers and investment consultants to plans
- Third party administrators and other service providers to plans
- Fiduciary liability insurers
We provide our clients with extensive knowledge of the specialized issues raised by ERISA litigation and support our clients on a full range of ERISA litigation matters, including:
- Benefits claims by participants
- Claims for breach of fiduciary duty (such as investment losses, employer stock matters, plan governance and other administration issues, prohibited transactions and ESOP valuation issues)
- Representation of plan fiduciaries in the litigation brought by the DOL.
- Representation of multi-employer welfare administrators in benefit payment and other issues
- Representation of plan service providers against state law malpractice claims