Trucker Huss has geared this practice to providing advice on the legal aspects related to the compliance and administration of employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs).
The legal services we provide our clients are enhanced by our knowledge of employee stock ownership issues and the requirements of fiduciary responsibility in the implementation and maintenance of ESOPs.
We provide a full range of services to multi-size clients nationwide including:
- Amending ESOPs and related agreements
- Coordinating ESOPs with other benefit plans
- Advice to ESOP trustees
- Advising on implications of merger and acquisition activity, initial public offerings, restructurings and ownership succession arrangements
If you'd like to know more
- Improper Delegation of Authority Could Cost a Plan its Deferential Standard of Review
GISUE MEHDI and MARY E. POWELL, December, 2018 The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) gives participants and beneficiaries the right to have plan benefit denials reviewed in federal court. The court reviews a plan claims administrator’s benefit denial decision as “de novo” (looking at the facts anew and reaching its own decision, with no […]READ MORE
- 2019 Pension Plan Limitation Highlights
SHANNON OLIVER, December, 2018 On November 1, 2018, the Internal Revenue Service issued Notice 2018-83, containing the cost-of-living adjustments related to retirement plan limitations under the Internal Revenue Code (the “Code”). These changes will take effect on January 1, 2019. Below are some of the highlights. Limitations That Have Increased The limitation on the annual […]READ MORE
- IRS Issues Initial Code Section 83(i) Guidance – Mostly Good News
J. MARC FOSSE, December 10, 2018 The IRS has provided initial guidance in Notice 2018-97 (the “Notice”) about certain statutory requirements for private corporations granting options and restricted stock units (RSUs) which they intend to treat as qualified equity grants under section 83(i) of the Internal Revenue Code (the “Code”). If an option or RSU […]READ MORE