Trucker Huss has geared this practice to providing advice on the legal aspects related to the compliance and administration of employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs).
The legal services we provide our clients are enhanced by our knowledge of employee stock ownership issues and the requirements of fiduciary responsibility in the implementation and maintenance of ESOPs.
We provide a full range of services to multi-size clients nationwide including:
- Amending ESOPs and related agreements
- Coordinating ESOPs with other benefit plans
- Advice to ESOP trustees
- Advising on implications of merger and acquisition activity, initial public offerings, restructurings and ownership succession arrangements
If you'd like to know more
- The Pleading Standard Applicable to Claims Involving Private Company ESOPs: Does Dudenhoeffer Apply or Not?
JOSEPH C. FAUCHER AND DYLAN R. RUDOLPH, DECEMBER 20, 2017 This article analyzes how Dudenhoeffer applies in cases involving stock of closely held companies. It was first published by Wolters Kluwer in the Journal of Pension Benefits, Summer 2017, Vol. 24, No. 4. In our last article, “ERISA Stock Drop Cases Since Dudenhoeffer: The Pleading Standard Has […]READ MORE
- ERISA Stock Drop Cases Since Dudenhoeffer: The Pleading Standard Has Been Raised
JOSEPH C. FAUCHER AND DYLAN R. RUDOLPH, DECEMBER 13, 2017 This article analyzes the Dudenhoeffer pleading standard and “stock drop” cases. It was first published by Wolters Kluwer in the Journal of Pension Benefits, Spring 2017, Vol. 24, No. 3. I. Introduction Before 2014, most of the federal Courts of Appeals applied a “presumption of prudence” when […]READ MORE
- Are Trustees’ Employees Fiduciaries Under ERISA?
JOSEPH FAUCHER, November 2016 ESOPs have been a “national project” of Department of Labor (DOL) enforcement since the 1980s. But unlike other regulatory agencies, the DOL has put off issuing clear guidance—other than a proposed regulation that has never been finalized—regarding how fiduciaries should meet the standards articulated in ERISA… Click to Read More. Published […]READ MORE