Shannon is a paralegal focused on all aspects of employee benefits and ERISA. She works closely with the attorneys in the areas of retirement plans and ERISA litigation. She supports clients in processing participant claims and appeals, including building and maintaining effective administrative records. She routinely works to fulfill document requests in accordance with ERISA and Department of Labor guidelines. Shannon also provides assistance in connection with aspects of qualified plan voluntary compliance, including the IRS Voluntary Compliance Program and the Delinquent Filer Voluntary Correction Program.
Shannon joined the Trucker Huss team in 2011 as a legal secretary. In 2014 Shannon decided to pursue a career as a legal assistant and began the Paralegal Studies program at UC Berkeley Extension, where she received a certificate in Paralegal Studies in 2015.
RECENT AND UPCOMING PRESENTATIONS
- 2019 Pension Plan Limitation Highlights
- Pension Plan Limitations for 2018
- IRS Delays the Deadline to Furnish the ACA Forms 1095-C and 1095-B to March 2, 2017 and Extends the Good Faith Transition Relief from Reporting Penalties
- Pension Plan Limitations and Other Applicable Limitations for 2017
- A Grab Bag of Recent Health Plan Guidance
- IRS Extends Due Dates for 2015 ACA Information Reporting by 2 to 3 Months
- Pension Plan Limitations and Other Applicable Limitations for 2016